Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What is a woman after God's own heart?

The description at the head of this blog talks about being a mother who lives a life following God's heart. Being a woman after God's own heart. This is a focus I really started to look at about half way through my college years. Once I was married I really started to look at this from a wife perspective and then once I became a mom I REALLY wanted to know what following God's heart meant for me as a woman. I yearn to be a woman of God. I desire this so much because in the last couple decades of my life, when I've found my "sweet spot" so to say has been when I was in complete obedience to God's will for my life. I use the phrase "sweet spot" to define doing that one or two things in your life that you know with all your heart, mind, and soul that you were created for for such a time as this. When I am in my sweet spot, my heart is in rhythm with God's, I have the most contentment, joy, and peace in my life. So when I talk about being a woman after God's own heart I am talking about being that woman who has found her place with God and are using your purpose to be a part of this world. Sometimes I am dead on with living in my sweet spot, sometimes I shift or make choices that sway me away. Either way, I never want to stop reaching for God's desires for my life. I never want to stop trying to live His purpose for me with each day I am given.

Are you a woman after God's own heart? How do you know? Look at your life today and see if you are spiritually where you want to be. Pour some coffee and sit down to make a list of the type of woman you want to be today, 1 year from today, and even 10 years from now. It doesn't have to take very long... give yourself 10 minutes. Are the choices you're making, the actions you are having, and the words you are using pointing you in that direction of what you want to be? Do you have a desire to be a woman after God's own heart? I do. I'm praying you do to. Believe you can be this woman after God's own heart. God already knows this about you...

No comments:

Post a Comment