Sunday, January 17, 2010

Secret Indulgence

Everybody has a certain something they love to do, love to eat, love to have. Women especially have a love for chocolate, a day at the beach, a new pair of shoes, a new book, whatever their "thing" is... I meet too many women who never let themselves indulge just an itsy bitsy little teeny bit. Sometimes I just want to buy them their secret treat or take their kids so they can sneak in that nice long bath while they get lost in a good book. Now of course there is an extreme to this "reward" method... you can surely take this to extreme levels and make it an unhealthy habit. Be careful! BUT, for those of you that could use a little indulging today... go for it. I think we're better mom's when we care for ourselves just a bit. Mine? I love a Sunday afternoon nap followed by a really good fiction book. I'm feeling the urge to let myself indulge today... sigh, what a precious little treat to myself :) Especially while my kids nap themselves! What about you??? What's your thing? Find some time and let yourself unwind a bit this week. Indulge yourself... it's okay, I promise :)

1 comment:

  1. this might seem dumb but i kinda like to have control of the remote for an hour or two when no one is home. :) i like to have a diet pepsi and watch a show that my hubby would never watch with me!

    ReplyDelete