Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hello, come on over!

Hello! And welcome to A Mother's Place! I hope this blog finds it's way into the homes of women who are walking the motherhood path right now. I'm not sure what my exact goals are of this blog just yet, but do know I hope to offer some encouragement, some lessons I've learned along the way, a laugh or two every now and then, and mostly a place to be yourself... to be myself. Being a mom is the best job in the world (in my opinion) and also the hardest thing I've ever done. I am confidant that we are meant to walk through this life with each other. Being a mom is no exception. Never have I needed God more than I do when I parent. I've also realized I need friends and family and community more than ever too. My hope for myself is to follow God's heart. I want to be a woman after God's own heart. I want everything I do, say, and feel to be a reflection of that. Thank goodness for grace as I attempt to follow through with the last statement!!

Well, I am posting this first blog not really sure what will come of this, but do know that I want to welcome all of you out there raising little ones or big ones these days. Come, let yourself relax for a few minutes, grab that cup of coffee (or tea or water or favorite drink of your choice!), and sit with me as we share life together as mom's. I hope to write about everything from creating a home, good family friendly recipes, the heart of a mom, baby days, marriage, Biblical truth, relationships, and anything in between! I begin this with a little bit of personal fear as I don't want to be seen as your typical "know it all", but more as someone who cares deeply for mom's and their very important roles in this world. More then anything I want to cheer you on and give you a place to relate with each other. A place to be real and honest and when you are done you can hopefully walk away with a little more love in the old love tank or a new idea to apply in your own home. So... make yourself at home and welcome to A Mother's Place!

1 comment: