Sunday, May 30, 2010

"...a good dad!"

As my husband left to run the dog my oldest was getting ready to get into bed. Dad ran up the stairs and my 6 year old yelled up at him... "good night Dad! You've been a good dad today!" Needless to say we cracked up laughing, even though our son was being serious.

Oh...what smiles we would bring to others if we so freely yelled out the obvious good things happening around us. The honesty of a child can be a bit scary at times (hee-hee) or so ever complimenting. So go ahead... start your week yelling out the great things happening around you and be sure those doing it know it!! Happy Memorial Day and enjoy your week!

2 comments:

  1. I love that! I'd love my kids to go to bed each night and say those things to us... makes me think about being intentional with the time we have with them!!

    ReplyDelete