Saturday, May 1, 2010

Let me Rephrase...Best Mother's Day...

After reading what I wrote earlier I realized it read like I was looking for actual Mother's Day memories... the day itself. I am hoping to hear from some of you about the mom's and women in your life who have been like mom's to you or women whom you have learned so much from. What is it they have given you from a mother's role? What is it you love about being a mom yourself?

So, I apologize if that was misleading! Now let's try this again...

Mother's Day is around the corner! I am looking for some of the best Mother's Day stories... a fond memory with your own mother, one with your own children, or one with a woman in your life who has been a mother figure to you. What is it about them you adore? What is it about motherhood that you love so much? I hope to post more this week on mother's and their special role in this world.

2 comments:

  1. I've told stories about how my mom could give Martha Stewart a run for the money. :) We always celebrated my mom by giving her a day off.. my dad would get Hyvee chicken for lunch after church and we'd have a picnic. At the farm, we picniced down by the creek and spent the afternoon picking bluebells and skipping rocks. On the acreage, we ate out on the deck and sat on the porch swing. It was a fun way to celebrate the mom we love so much!! Though I didn't inherit her cleaning and homemaking genes, she has many qualities I'd like to pattern after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom is one of the most selfless women i know. she is always giving of herself. this is definitely a part of who i am that needs to keep growing and that i want to model after my mom.:)

    ReplyDelete