Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter in my heart...

The Easter celebration is here. I don't know where you are at today, but it is pouring rain and thundering here. Seems appropriate for Good Friday. As I sit back and spend time walking through the book of Luke chapters 20-24 in the Bible, I am given great perspective of what Jesus went through. The thing that stands out so much is the way He did not fight the beating, the cursing, or the accusations given to Him. He went willingly to do what His Father had asked Him to do. Jesus showed us a selfless love.

As I read the part out loud today to my children from Luke 23-24 I had to stop for a minute. My voice cracked as I tried to tell my children how much pain Jesus went through to give us a gift of life forever. Selfless love. I am ashamed of my ability to love at times and if I take anything with me this weekend, I hope I can take steps to love more like Jesus. I want to put my heart on the line for others the way Jesus did for us. No, to be honest I do not want to die for too many people in my life. However, I want to love more freely... I want to give it out more often and with less strings attached. I want to love the people whom I find hard to love and I want to be sure the loved ones in my life know it.

Today when I look at the cross on my table I see LOVE. What do you see this Easter weekend?

Below are the words to a favorite Chris Tomlin song of mine... I'd encourage you to look it up on itunes or take a second to really read the lyrics. Amazing love is what I feel today. Happy Easter to you all!

Amazing Love

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.
(Repeat x2)

(Chorus)
Amazing love,
How can it be
That You, my King, should die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it’s true.
It’s my joy to honor You,
In all I do, I honor You.

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.

(Repeat chorus x2)

You are my King
Jesus You are my King
(Repeat x4)

(Repeat chorus x2)

You are my King
(Repeat x8)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT thoughts on Easter!! I need to spend a little time reading through those chapters the next couple days also. It's been fun to try to put Easter into a context a 2 year old can understand. So far he gets that we "celebrate" on Easter because Jesus is in heaven! YEAH!! And because there's a celebration, he thinks we have to have cake! So- I think we're having cake on Sunday!! Why not?! What a reason to celebrate, huh?!?!

    ReplyDelete