Thursday, April 15, 2010

Best Vacation Spots for Families???

I love vacations. Vacations that are far away, close by, or even a vacation from my phones & computer! Either way, vacations are GOOD for me! Our family tries to take at least 1 vacation a year and usually sneak in 2-3 "mini-vacations" too. We have found that vacations are good for our family... a great time to bond, de-stress, relax, connect, laugh a lot, uninterrupted, just all around good family time. It's like a tradition for us to go on vacation and I really believe in traditions helping define a family. Kids love traditions and it gives them something to look forward to coming back to even after they are grown and gone. Thus, we will continue to go on vacations for a long, long time, I hope :) This can cost money obviously, but it is well worth the money we save and choose to spend on such a thing. Who doesn't enjoy a vacation? :-)

On to my quest.... while we have our next vacation planned for June, we are always thinking ahead. On the way home from every vacation we start talking about where we want to go next! What are some of the best family vacations spots you have experienced or your kids love to go to? You yourself as a child or a place you've gone with your own kids. We are pretty money smarts when it comes to this so don't tell me Disneyland because we plan vacations through some sort of deal maker each time!!! :-) I like originality and creativity! However, we always end up some place really cool and nice! (I may need to mention my husband is a pro at planning and finding such deals!!!) So... what are your best vacations options???? Vacation 2011 here we come! :-)

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed St. Louis a few weeks ago. think we may make that a vacation spot again- free zoo, free children's museum, lots of FREE stuff!! And we stayed at a Residence Inn- a suite with 2 rooms & a kitchenette that was super reasonable... a must with small kids! My sister, Katie, found a really cool place with cabins in WI that they're staying at this summer... I'll have to find out the name of it!

    ReplyDelete