Wednesday, April 7, 2010

best muffin recipes

Any bakers out there??? One of my favorite things to do is bake muffins for my kids! Especially for after school snacks!! I love the way warm muffins taste and the way it makes my home smell so yummy when you walk through the door. Mmmmmmm, I already feel cozy in my house thinking about such yummy creations being made here! I have been making the same 3-4 recipes for a few years now. I am looking to broaden my muffin recipe space in my recipe box... any ideas? Share your favorite muffin or bread recipe in the comment box! (I prefer homemade but like good box suggestions too!)

Here is one of mine.... hope you enjoy!

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins

1 1/2 c oats
1 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 c applesauce
1/2 c milk
1/2 c brown sugar
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg white

Topping:
1/4 c oats
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp soft butter
sprinkle of cinnamon


Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Best served warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment