Monday, October 25, 2010

finger lick'in good!


If I lived in a fall type atmosphere 365 days a year I would most definitely weigh 500 pounds. I love fall food! Especially fall treats! Pumpkin anything and warm apple anything makes me drool a bit just thinking about it. Yum! This is by far the best pumpkin bar recipe I have mastered in my decade of baking. I get so happy when I pull out that first pan of pumpkin bars from the oven each fall. Mmmmm, the smell, the taste, the cream cheese frosting. Too good! For a guaranteed mouth party experience try these this fall...
Mama's Favorite Pumpkin Bars
Bars:
4 eggs beaten slightly
2 C sugar
1 can of pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 C oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 C flour
Mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and oil. Add remaining ingredients. Blend well and bake in jelly roll pan at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool before frosting.
Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c margarine (not butter)
3 1/2 c powdered sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
Cream together until smooth (no lumps) and smooth over bars.
Be sure you share this pan or you will find yourself cutting little pieces off all day until you've finished it yourself! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I'm making pumpkin bars for my daugther's first birthday and was looking for a good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm... may have to make some of these soon!

    ReplyDelete