Friday, August 27, 2010

tip #2

Still plugging away with my book, The House That Cleans Itself. So far, so good. There is some serious thinking and habit to put into this, but I am liking the end results, so it is worth it so far! My next tip I have found helpful...

Do a 5 minute walk through of your house every day. Yes, every day and ONLY 5 minutes. Set your timer if you have to. This is when you will pick up those socks, hang up and straighten those towels, and put last night's newspaper into recycling. During this time do only light straightening and no heavy cleaning. Don't let your mind wander, don't get distracted by the wet clothes in the washer or the Internet pulled up with all your emails. 5 minutes of quick straightening. It becomes a habit after a couple weeks and a pretty good one if I don't say so myself. I have even added this to my kids list of chores they help with. Often it is the kid's toys or blankets thrown around on the floor. It's good for them to offer a hand for 5 minutes and return things to their home.

Wa-la! Tip #2 worth trying! Straighten away!

No comments:

Post a Comment