Saturday, September 25, 2010

I could really use...

Sometimes we just need a little something to get us over a hump... it may be something radical or something very small. Today, my somethings are small...I could really use a date night with my husband, a laundry fairy (did I mention I have done 6 loads today and still have about 5 left? ahhh!), a good hair-cut, and a movie night on my couch with a good chic flick. (Maybe I can make the husband thing and the movie thing happen at the same time tonight? :) These things are small and not super life shattering, but all the same, it would be nice!

When I start feeling or thinking this way I sometimes start to think about other people and what might they really need at that moment. I usually am surrounded by my healthy family, in a warm cozy home, and in comfy clothes when I have these thoughts. It makes me feel pretty darn blessed and the "somethings" I think I need are just icing on the cake for this life I get to live.

The days I get to have that hair-cut at that nice salon or a night out with my hubby or the remote all to myself for a night (and lets just be honest, there is no laundry fairy) become really great moments in an already great life. Are we not spoiled at times? Even better, I love spoiling my mommy friends when I can because I know under their already really blessed lives and totally awesome families, that they are very hard working moms who often put themselves last. And you know what? They deserve a little something every so often. So, what is it for you? What could you really use today? How about your pal? Maybe you could treat each other a bit?

I think us mom's should all tell our mommy friends to take a little time this week and do a little something for yourselves. I think we're better mom's for it!

2 comments:

  1. Well said!! Did your 'somethings' happen yesterday? Mine did and it really was icing on the cake of an already blessed life!

    ReplyDelete